Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Disney Halloween

I love Summer. I love being off of work. I love going swimming and spending time at the beach. I love dining al fresco and not having to worry about carrying a sweater.

But there's just something about Fall, isn't there?

Family gatherings, baseball playoffs, pumpkin everything, a crispness in the air (everywhere but So Cal, apparently)...

And Halloween!

 Last year was my first year as a Disney Annual Passport holder, and a whole new world was opened up to me. (Pun intended)
That's when I discovered Mickey's Halloween Party.
Once I discovered there was a Halloween party at Disneyland, I was sold. I'll talk more about it in the future, but it's basically discounted tickets for Disneyland. You can enter at 4:00pm, but the "party" starts at 7:00pm. That's when they start to kick everyone else out. Party goers get a wristband to distinguish them from other guests. There's special parades, fireworks, and all you can trick-or-treat candy lines. Seriously, you can get A LOT of candy. Costumes aren't required but they are encouraged, and everyone that does choose to dress up usually looks amazing!

Last year, little Miss G was 1, able to walk, and we could just barely get her hair into high pigtails. An idea was born...
 We did Monsters, Inc! My mom helped me sew G's Boo costume. It's basically constructed like a backwards vest. It's attached in the back with some velcro strips. I attached the sequined purple fabric to an old hood from a sweatshirt of hers, along with some yarn and the eyes (pipe cleaners and Styrofoam balls). With some white pants and long sleeves, her costume was complete!

I painted our monster shirts, but now of course, they sell very similar shirts like these for Mike or this for Sully, but I enjoyed the process of making them and I saved us a couple of bucks too. I made my tutu out of tulle and elastic from JoAnn. I found my blue hat at Party City and I painted the Monsters logo on that as well. We got a lot of compliments and had a blast. I was sold.

G even still uses her costume...
This was literally like, 3 weeks ago. She wore it while she was watching the movie.

THIS year, we had an extra family member to add to mix.

The movie Up has kind of been a running theme for Brian and I during our relationship. He proposed to me during a picnic/movie in the park night featuring the movie. We threw G an Up themed 2nd birthday party. Why not run with it, right?

I give you...
An Up Family Halloween!

We just did Mickey's Halloween Party last weekend and it might have been even better than last year! My brother and his girlfriend joined us and we met up with a couple of other friends. Giuliana is actually old enough to trick or treat now, and she partied like a little rock star. I'll update with a recap of the night soon, but it was definitely one to remember!

***UPDATE!***
Here's how I made the Kevin and Russell Costumes!
And here's how I made the Carl and the House Costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment